Timisoara Workshop: Open Data Priorities and Engagement — Identifying data sets for publication
Short info about the trip
- Venue title: Agenda: Open Data Priorities and Engagement — Identifying data sets for publication
- Related project: Share-PSI 2.0
- Venue location: Timisoara, Romania
- Venue date: 2015-03-16
- Website: http://www.w3.org/2013/share-psi/workshop/Timisoara/agenda#
- Short description: 3rd workshop on Open Government Data organised by Share-PSI 2.0 project.
- Outcome: Structure for Best Practices on Sharing Public Sector Information:
Overview of best practices: https://www.w3.org/2013/share-psi/wiki/Best_Practices
- Short description
- Intended outcome
- Relation to PSI directive
- Possible approach
- How to test
- Intended audience
- Related best practices
- Other participants: N/A
- Good experience:
- Bad experience: Lufthansa striking, again!
I participated in: 1) Session on "Site scraping techniques to identify and showcase information in closed formats - How do organisations find out what they already publish?". Best practice coming out ot if: https://www.w3.org/2013/share-psi/wiki/Best_Practices/Identifying_what_you_already_publish 2) How good is good enough? A common language for quality? 3) How benchmarking tools can stimulate government departments to open up their data. Global Open Data Index: http://index.okfn.org/ - Germany is ranked at #9 in the 2014 Index with a score of 69%, (61% the previous year). 4) Robert Ulrich - re3data.org - making research data repositories discoverable.
Next workshop (+ project meeting) in Krems:
Tuesday 19th of May to the morning of Friday 22nd of May.
Call for participation: Workshop paper on Open Data.
This event was attended by: Benedikt Kämpgen